Working across the North of England, Hometown Plus facilitate cross-sector introductions and broker new partnerships for commercial good and community benefit.
The long-felt effects of the financial crisis continue to:
- squeeze public service budgets
- adversely impact private sector trading conditions
- affect indices of community well-being such as educational outcomes, employment statistics, household incomes and health profiles
- increase demand for ‘welfare’-orientated services produced and delivered by community groups, voluntary organisations, faith-based providers and social enterprises – and at the same time reduce the resources available to support the third sector as a whole
And yet still – in communities of interest, place and social identity the length and breadth of our regions – very special qualities shine through these clouds and cast their rainbows on to our world, changing lives and ensuring wellness; building spirit and growing ambition; creating confidence, enhancing skills and self-belief.
In the North of England, resilience, caring, creativity, imagination, passion, determination and selflessness are among the many characteristics that set us apart. Around every corner and over every hillside in our part of the world there’s an expert in this field or that; a company with a success story to share; a Council that is successfully pioneering a new service model; or a community group that, in spite of the odds being stacked against them, are doing incredibly valuable work with people in real need - alleviating their pressures, extending new opportunities, teaching new skills and providing platforms on which to build more prosperous futures.
The North is a special place and we aim to make it more so every day.
Since foundation in 2010 Hometown Plus have:
- helped frame socially responsible procurement plans
- successfully built bridges between local traders and local people – through the introduction and administration of digital loyalty schemes that have helped retain town centre businesses and maintain their viability
- advised business start-ups and social entrepreneurs – securing funding to support their establishment and brokering links with mentors to help in consolidation and the assurance of continued growth
- assisted companies in the development of corporate social responsibility programmes with heart, purpose, relevance and resonance; but also with marketplace profiling, positioning for contracts and the need of being able to demonstrate social value-added very much in focus (we’ve mobilised employee volunteers; improved staff pride, attendance and retention; increased market share; and delivered sustainable outcomes on the ground with the help of fantastic third sector partners)
- created online portals through which to share skills, knowledge, surplus products, service capacity and time in the interests of empowering people, enabling social action and realising collective aspirations for the benefit of good causes and places in need (we’ve put asset-based community development model into practice)
- measured and reported on social impact – utilising findings to make new links; influence strategy, policy and service plans; underpin bids for funding and tenders for contracts
Ours is a belief that the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts if the parts are put together properly and that’s what Hometown Plus are about – joining dots, aligning jigsaw pieces, facilitating joined-up visioning, integrating planning and mutually supportive action with public services’ quality, private businesses’ ethical operation and prosperity, and third sector organisations’ liberation from financial worries all to the forefront of our minds.
We’re about thinking outside of the box – as well as within it; working-up feasible plans and getting things done in the right way whether economic, environmental and/or social regeneration are the priorities in hand.
We’re full of beans, ready and raring, and always happy to chat on how we might help you make your mark on the world in a good way.