We at Hometown Plus are change makers - but we make change that works for everyone.
As a town and shopping centre regeneration consultancy, we help communities recover their identity and prosperity in places left behind by the impact of industrial change, online shopping and out-of-town retailers.
Our objective is to put all stakeholders – including landlords, tenants and the public - on the path to sustainable prosperity by:
- Developing partnerships between the private sector, the public sector and the wider community to create a bespoke and locally driven approach
- Delivering commercial projects which restore profitability and value for both businesses and community partners
- Pioneering creative solutions that re-establish rundown centres into thriving community hubs which are attractive places both to visit and do business in
- Making a positive impact on community cohesion, education and health, whilst at the same time helping to reduce poverty, waste and unemployment.
With a combined fifty years’ industry experience, the Hometown Plus team has a strong record in pulling together all corners of communities to regenerate areas.
The North is a special place and we aim to make it more so every day.
Since foundation in 2010 Hometown Plus have:
- helped frame socially responsible procurement plans
- successfully built bridges between local traders and local people – through the introduction and administration of digital loyalty schemes that have helped retain town centre businesses and maintain their viability
- advised business start-ups and social entrepreneurs – securing funding to support their establishment and brokering links with mentors to help in consolidation and the assurance of continued growth
- assisted companies in the development of corporate social responsibility programmes with heart, purpose, relevance and resonance; but also with marketplace profiling, positioning for contracts and the need of being able to demonstrate social value-added very much in focus (we’ve mobilised employee volunteers; improved staff pride, attendance and retention; increased market share; and delivered sustainable outcomes on the ground with the help of fantastic third sector partners)
- created online portals through which to share skills, knowledge, surplus products, service capacity and time in the interests of empowering people, enabling social action and realising collective aspirations for the benefit of good causes and places in need (we’ve put asset-based community development model into practice)
- measured and reported on social impact – utilising findings to make new links; influence strategy, policy and service plans; underpin bids for funding and tenders for contracts
Ours is a belief that the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts if the parts are put together properly and that’s what Hometown Plus are about – joining dots, aligning jigsaw pieces, facilitating joined-up visioning, integrating planning and mutually supportive action with public services’ quality, private businesses’ ethical operation and prosperity, and third sector organisations’ liberation from financial worries all to the forefront of our minds.
We’re about thinking outside of the box – as well as within it; working-up feasible plans and getting things done in the right way whether economic, environmental and/or social regeneration are the priorities in hand.
We’re full of beans, ready and raring, and always happy to chat on how we might help you make your mark on the world in a good way.